My Husband Lets Me Have All The Scrapbooking and Paper-Crafting Supplies I Can Hide....




Monday, June 28, 2010

It's the Final Countdown!!

The New Idea Book and Catalog is only 2 and a half days away!! (A half because it launches at Noon on 7/1) That means we have only TWO more countdown projects before the launch! *happy dance*
For today's project, I decided to Keep It Simple St....Stupendous! Right...that's what I meant to whole time. :D I think there are some awesome a la carte stamps in the new catalog, and this Homemade stamp is one of my favorites. I have several people in my life who are supremely fantastic bakers (my mother in law, for instance, is starting her own cake baking business, and my bff Christina makes the most amazing Peanut Butter squares on the planet) and when I saw this stamp, I thought of them immediately. For this project, I made a little gift of some punched out tags (did I forget to mention that this stamp coordinates with the BRAND NEW 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch? OMG! I love it!) Anyway....I punched out the stamped images and then attached a length of Sticky Strip to the back, leaving the backing on one side. Now, my fantastic baking friends can attach this tag to the box they deliver their goodies in! I made a simple card to go with the gift. Both use Night of Navy Patterns DSP, and the image was stamped using Night of Navy ink. One of the things I love about the Patterns DSP stacks (they're in Color Collections STACKS now!! *squeal*) is that you can easily create a coordinated and put together ensemble in a matter of minutes!

Project Recipe:
Whisper White Cardstock
Night of Navy Patterns DSP
5/8" Whisper White Grosgrain Ribbon
2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch
Big Shot Top Note Die
Sticky Strip
3x5" Celophane Bags

I hope you enjoyed this project! Now, go get inky!

No comments:

Post a Comment