My Husband Lets Me Have All The Scrapbooking and Paper-Crafting Supplies I Can Hide....




Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day!! Now that the day has arrived, I can finally post the cards I made for all the Fathers in my life! I had a ton of fun doing these and trying to match them to each person and their personalities.
The first up is my husband's. I literally jumped up and down when I saw the Motorcyle single stamp in the Summer Mini catalog. Both my husband and grandfather LOVE bikes, so I knew this stamp would be one of the first on my list. We also love the ocean, so I created and inkscape for his card.
I wanted a completely different feel for my grandfather's card, especially since I was using the same stamp. This card was CASE'd from an awesome Demo, Becky Pressgrove. I loved her original so much, that I just had to put my own little spin on it. I used Crumb Cake, Brilliant Blue and Pumpkin Pie, which match up so nicely with the new Travel DSP in the Summer Mini catalog. I used my distressing tool around the edges of all the different layers to add depth and interest. And the circle brad adds just the right touch of "manly" bling. Love them? Make sure you snatch them up! They're on the Last Chance List for 50% off!!

My husband's step dad is a SCUBA instructor, so I wanted to do another ocean theme card for him, but take it UNDER the water. I used glossy cardstock and my brayer to create the underwater scene and then added some whimsy with some die-cut fishies from my Cricut. I LOVE making easel cards! They're so easy peasy!!


This is the card I made for my husband's dad. It's a non-SU stamp *GASP!* but I've had it forever and love the sentiment that it has. I used some retired DSP and some retiring ribbon (I will miss Bashful Blue ribbon!) to finish this card out.
I hope they all love them, and I hope you enjoyed them too!
Now, go get inky!!

2 comments:

  1. Are you kidding?! Yours are totally awesome! I thought it was a "Zindorf" when I saw it! They're all so creative and beautiful! TYFS!

    Chanda Stehlik
    www.bellevuestampingclub.com

    p.s. Following you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards, like Chanda I thought they were michelle's cards as well. check out my blog: www.papercreationsbykaren.com

    ReplyDelete