My Husband Lets Me Have All The Scrapbooking and Paper-Crafting Supplies I Can Hide....




Tuesday, June 29, 2010

36(ish) Hours to go!!

It's almost time!! On a side note, I simply cannot believe June is over! If June is over, then that means that my Little Man is going to be FOUR next week. This mommy is soooooo not ready for a four year old. Expecially since he has Daddy's sarcasm and Mommy's attitude already. I am in so much trouble with this kid. LOL!
Anyway...since we only have about another 24 hours left in June, I wanted to make sure to remind you to check out the Last Chance list one more time! You may see something you overlooked before but HAVE to have, so it never hurts to look, right? Well, it hurts the wallet, but that's a good hurt....especially when the goodie box arrives! On to our Sneak Peak!!
I LOVE Punch Art!!! I'm kind of a newer Demonstrator, so this may have been around for a bajillion years, but it seems like punch art is all the rage right now! Once I saw these adorable little pansies on the Demonstrator website I knew I had to make them! I wish I could give credit to the originator of the idea to use the BUTTERFLY PUNCH to make the pansy, but I've seen so many samples now, that I don't know who it was. If I could, I would give her (or him) a standing ovation, because this idea was GENIUS!
Sneaky Peaky Goodness - Yes, you're right, that's Daffodil Delight in the center of the flowers (I told you it was my newest favorite color.) You'll also see the brand new Scallop Rectangle Clearlit die for the Big Shot. The biggest selling factor on this for me? It has a clear window so you can see through the die! That means - if you're like me and are too impatient to drag out your stamp-a-ma-jig every time you want to stamp something (even when you know it'll take more time to restamp the straight image anyway) - you can stamp your sentiment onto your paper and then line up the die over it. It's like stamping and then using a coordinating punch, but with the Big Shot!! I think it's perfect with another Sneak Peak here, the Level 3 Hostess set Occasional Quotes. I LOVE this set! It has some fantastic sentiments that cover a range of occasions. I think it's a must have, and you could get it for FREE if you host a qualifying workshop!!
Card Recipe:
Old Olive and Whisper White Cardstock
Old Olive, Perfect Plum and Daffodil Delight Classic Ink
Basic Black Marker
Butterfly Punch (Pansy Petals)
2 Step Bird Punch (Leaves)
Perfect Polka Dots Textured Embossing Folder
Occasional Quotes Level 3 Hostess Stamp Set
Scallop Rectangle Clearlits Die
1/4" Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon

I hope you enjoy this project and that you find inspiration in everything you do! Now, go get inky!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! One of these days I'm going to make a pansy card - that IS why I bought the butterfly punch - LOL! Thanks for blessing my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to make one of those pansies for a while now, and just haven't. Since you told us to go get inky, maybe that's what I'll do right now.
    Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep putting this punch on my "to buy" list for my big order tomorrow and then taking it back off. I love those pansies! We gave away potted pansies as our wedding favor, so they will forever be my favorite flower. :) I might have to try to work this and a few reinkers into my order. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete